Why Become A Member?
Join us at Unity of Montclair and help build a strong, inclusive and diverse spiritual community, united in commitment to themselves and to each other. Membership deepens and enriches your spiritual experience.
A Unity of Montclair Member commits to...
- Their own spiritual path, as they see fit
- Tithe their time, talent or treasure, as they feel able
Unity of Montclair Members can...
- Vote at all Unity of Montclair Town Hall and Annual Meetings. Non-members can attend, but cannot vote
- Vote in Board of Trustee elections
- Vote on major decisions as presented by the Board
- Receive monthly prayer calls from our Prayer Chaplains
- Serve on the Board of Trustees
- Serve as Celebration Assistants
- Become Prayer Chaplains
- Become Licensed Unity Teachers
How do I become a member?
The simple requirements:
- Attend Unity of Montclair for a minimum of six months
- Take a qualifying Unity class, such as Lessons in Truth or Metaphysics I (offered throughout the year)
- Attend a church orientation session with Rev. Elizabeth (scheduled twice a year)
- Children under 18 can become members, but are not allowed to vote until they are 18
We also respect those who do not feel ready to become members. We are an open and welcoming community, and encourage you to keep coming to church services, classes, and to tithe your time, talent and treasure. Whether a member or a friend, you are this church!
For more information about becoming a Member of Unity of Montclair, please contact interim church administrator Donna Walker at (973) 746-8417 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See schedule of current membership classes